Evaluate your present position in relation to these goals by listing your current experience and skills.
ORDER NOW FOR ORIGINAL AN ORIGINAL PAPER ASSIGNMENT: Assignment: Objectives and Goals
Assignment: Objectives and Goals
NUR206: Week 8 Assignment Page 1 `
Assignment: Professional Development Plan
In this assignment, you will create a 2-year professional career development plan in which you discuss your goals and plans for achieving them. Include your short- and long-term objectives and goals. Evaluate your present position in relation to these goals by listing your current experience and skills. Identify your strengths and weaknesses and those areas that need further development. Prepare a plan of action to achieve your goals.
Perform the following tasks: • Complete the reading assignment and the interactive lesson before attempting this assignment. • Complete a 2-year professional career development plan.
o Include your short- and long-term objectives and goals. o Evaluate your present position in relation to these goals and create a list of your current
experience and skills. o Identify your strengths and weaknesses and those areas that need further development. o Prepare a plan of action to achieve your goals.
• Write a 2-3 page paper in APA format, include a cover page. • Include the proper file naming convention: NUR206_wk8_assn_jsmith_mmddyyy.
Criteria Excellent (3pts) Good (2pts) Needs Improvement (1pt)
Content – Includes short- and long-term goals. – Evaluates current position and skills. – Identifies strengths, weaknesses, areas of concern. – Includes plan of action
– Includes short- and long-term goals. – Evaluates current position and skills. – Missing strengths and weaknesses. – Weak plan of action.
– Vague or missing goals – Missing evaluation. – Vague plan of action.
Organization – Well organized into separate headings. – Main points are clearly identified. – Paragraphs transition well.
– Somewhat organized. – Main points are clear. – Occasional issues with flow and transitions.
– Disorganized. – Main points are unclear – Difficult to follow or illogical.
– No spelling or grammar errors. – APA format is correct. – Appropriate length
– Some spelling or grammar errors. – APA format is correct. – Appropriate length.
– Many spelling or grammar errors. – Incorrect APA format. – Inappropriate length.
You must proofread your paper. But do not strictly rely on your computer’s spell-checker and grammar-checker; failure to do so indicates a lack of effort on your part and you can expect your grade to suffer accordingly. Papers with numerous misspelled words and grammatical mistakes will be penalized. Read over your paper – in silence and then aloud – before handing it in and make corrections as necessary. Often it is advantageous to have a friend proofread your paper for obvious errors. Handwritten corrections are preferable to uncorrected mistakes.
Use a standard 10 to 12 point (10 to 12 characters per inch) typeface. Smaller or compressed type and papers with small margins or single-spacing are hard to read. It is better to let your essay run over the recommended number of pages than to try to compress it into fewer pages.
Likewise, large type, large margins, large indentations, triple-spacing, increased leading (space between lines), increased kerning (space between letters), and any other such attempts at “padding” to increase the length of a paper are unacceptable, wasteful of trees, and will not fool your professor.
The paper must be neatly formatted, double-spaced with a one-inch margin on the top, bottom, and sides of each page. When submitting hard copy, be sure to use white paper and print out using dark ink. If it is hard to read your essay, it will also be hard to follow your argument.