DNP-820A: Translational Research and Evidence-Based Practice
Implementation Into Practice
The purpose of this work is to critically appraise a gap between research findings and the implementation of those findings into practice.
In 2009, upon noticing a dearth of evidence-based decisions in health care settings, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) set a goal to substantially increase the number of clinical decisions supported by timely and relevant evidence over the following decade. Bridging the gap between research findings and practice implementation was a key strategy the IOM utilized to make this goal more achievable. Relying on the best evidence allows health care practitioners to deliver quality and appropriate patient care while helping to improve the nation’s health.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Review the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) website to complete the assignment.
· Use at least three additional scholarly research sources published within the last 5 years. Provide citations and references for all sources used.
· Doctoral learners are required to use the current APA style for their essay writing assignments.
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite to check plagiarism and similarity scores.
On the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) website, select a topic either related to your DPI Project or aligned with the type of project you are exploring. Select a specific topic where there exists a gap between research findings and the implementation of those findings into practice.
Preferred Topic Related to My DPI Project- PICOT-D Question:- In the adolescent population with Depression problems in the High School settings, how does PHQ-9 tool impact in-patient referrals to the School Mental Health Department for over 9 weeks?
In a 1,000-1,250-word, address the following:
1. Introduce the topic, present supporting research findings, and discuss the desired outcomes of putting that research into practice.
2. Assess to what extent the practice is being implemented.
3. Evaluate possible barriers to implementation into practice.
4. Propose ways to overcome the barriers.
5. Discuss the resources available on the selected site to inform the transition from research into practice.
Read Chapters 10 and 11 in Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare: A Guide to Best Practice. https://bibliu.com/app/#/view/books/9781496386892/epub/OEBPS/xhtml/09_contents.html#page_xix
Read: Granger, B. B. (2017). Clinical inquiry. Evaluating application of research findings to new settings and populations. AACN Advanced Critical Care, 28(4), 377-383.
Read: Banner, D., Bains, M., Carroll, S., Kandola, D. K., Rolfe, D. E., Wong, C., & Graham, I. D. (2019). Patient and public engagement in integrated knowledge translation research: Are we there yet? Research Involvement and Engagement, 5.
Read: Naylor, M. D. (2018). Overview and summary: Translational research: From knowledge to practice. Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 23(2), 1-3.